Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I love shopping local.... I usually shop local.  I don't mind spending the extra money to support local businessI ALWAYS buy gas from the mom and pop gas station in town versus the Kroger and or other ones that own more than one.  

Yesterday I bought a new bike computer without shopping around. I returned it today.  As much as it hurts me to do this.  I have to save every penny I can.  I still wont be shopping at the Kroger in Milan, Sorry they are just to rude to get my business, I don't care that I'd save a couple of dollars and I'm proud of the fact I have not been there sense they opened the gas station.  The bike computer which I purchased at Two Wheel Tango was double wireless (cadence, speed, distance, time etc) for $99.00.  On Amazon it is $62.00 with free shipping.  I budgeted spending $100.00 on a new bike computer.  My last one was a specialized one, with a mount for 2 bicycles and had a computer doc to upload rides.  I loved it, but unfortunately something happened to a sensor under the computer where it hit the dock station on the bike and for the computer.  But it lasted 3 years.  Cat Eye Adventure which does cadence, speed, distance, time, altitude, speed of descent and highest temp.  Obviously sounds much cooler for a road trip going through the mountains.  It will be cool to see the altitude reached, miles climbed and etc.  Amazon wins again.  Amazon $101 (two whole dollars more than the one I org bought) and Two Wheel Tango at $147.00. 

Well... you would think I'd be sold on the Cat Eye Adventure now.  I can get a great deal, even though I'm ashamed to not be buying it local.  However.... the Sigma Sport Rox 8.0 has better reviews and is in the same price range at most stores as the Cat Eye Adventure.  Amazon has it for $143.00, REI for $200.00.  I have a $30.00 gift cert to Amazon.  Making it seem like its $113.00.  For the $13.00 cash more that I'll be spending on it, I'm pleased with the purchase.  I just don't have it now.  Have to wait for it to come in the mail. But.... it just makes more sense.  Sorry Two Wheel Tango
For all you bike nerds here are the specs
 

No comments:

Post a Comment