Sunday, May 17, 2009





As many of you have heard im riding my bicycle from Michigan to Florida this summer to raise money for the Fuller Center for housing. YES. I know you think im crazy. Its okay. I think its amazing.

I will be biking Benton Harbor, MI to Panacae Park, Fl to raise money for the Fuller Center for housing. currently Im riding with 15 others. How about you just join us and make it 16. July 10 - August 16th. :) Cant ride. then donate money and help others with low income housing.

Fuller Center for Housing is a non profit ministry dedicated to eliminating poverty housing in the United States and World wide. This organization was organized by Millard Fuller, who was also the founder for Habitat of Humanity.

Now for the fun part.....the BIKE ADVENTURE...

My goal is to raise $4,000 dollars. That is $3.15 a mile that I bike. Can you sponser me for a mile? A state?

I allocated all the money I raise to go to low income hosing in Michigan and Central Florida. This will provide individuals with no roofs roofs, individuals with no stairs to there house stairs.

Central Florida Fuller Center housing link http://fullercenter.org/locations/cps/florida/central-florida/

Michigan Fuller Center housing link
http://fullercenter.org/locations/cps/michigan/

Not only will be pedaling raising money. but we will be repairing several homes. (phew. didn't want just my legs to get muscular).

http://fullercenter.org/
http://www.fullercenterbiketrip.com/index.php

How to donate: Rider Name: Megan East online at: http://fullercenter.org/programs/students/bikedonations/ by mail (checks payable to Fuller Center for Housing Attn Bike Adventure. with rider name Megan East in Memo) The Fuller Center for Housing ATTN: Bike Adventure 701 S. Martin Luther King Blvd. Americus, GA 31719


and to everyone who says im crazy. I know. Its actually amazing. Isnt it going to be sweet to say I just biked to Florida.

Contact Info

Email: meganeastfullercenterbiket
rip09@hotmail.com
Website: http://www.fullercenterbiketrip.com/inde...
Location: 456 Riverbend Dr. Milan, MI


Fuller Center for Housing
is new to me as well. Founded in 2005 by Millard Fuller, the founder of Habitat for Humanity, as a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. By forming local partnership organizations, FCH provides the structure, guidance and material support that communities need to build and repair homes for people too elderly or too poor to help themselves through traditional means. Th Fuller Center seeks to improve standards of living by helping our improverished neighbors help themselves. A FC home is not a hand out but a hand up. Homeowners work alongside volunteers and repay construction costs interest-free terms that they can handle at a no profit to TFC. Homeowners regain a sense of human dignity.

The desperate need for safe, affordable housing is ENORMOUS. (even more so in today's economy. Do you have a roof that leaks? Do you have broken windows? Do you have a house where the walls and foundation are crumbling? I don't. I don't have a luxury house, I don't have a luxury way of living. But I have the adequate need of housing. I have a few dollars to spend on a coffee, and to buy a new pair of shoes now then. So. with that said. that's why I decided to join. In today's economy. We all need to give a little to help the housing problem. I just cant even imagine every time it rains, i lose more and more items, my house gets mold and to live in such horrible conditions. Us not helping individuals in need. Isn't improving our way of life at all.)

2 MILLION people live with a roof that leaks when it rains 3.7 million live with broken windows. 2.5 million live with a house that has a crumbling foundation.

I'm so excited to share about the group. and Raise money for the group.

I have a passion for helping people, a passion for biking, and a passion to have a decent place to live. I couldn't ask for a better opportunity. Im thankful to have the opportunity to take 5 weeks off of work, pay my student loans still, pay my bills and donate 5 WEEKS of my time raising money for decent housing and biking. :)

The purpose of the bike trip is to do our part and put our faith into action by raising funds for the Fuller Center's worldwide housing ministry.

Remember, you don't have to ride 1,300 miles to support the Fuller Center Bike Adventure and the mission of providing simple, decent housing. Please join me and others for a week, a day, the entire way. OR you can Support me. :) www.fullercenterbiketrip.com rider Megan East.
Can you help spread the word about the fuller center for housing. I have fliers I can email you. Please tell your friends and family.

PLEASE visit the website @ www.fullercenterbiketrip.com . A blog will be posted frequently by all riders :)

No comments:

Post a Comment