Thursday, July 2, 2009

its time to start packing.




Suggested Gear List

Each rider can bring 1 bag of about 4,000 cubic inches but no more than 4,500 cubic inches. Not sure the size of your bag? Measure the length, width, and height in inches, and then do the math:

Length x width x height = bag volume in cubic inches. Thanks!

Ordinary Clothing: (this color means still need to get around)

· 3 pairs underwear

· 2 T-shirts (what ones am i going to bring?)

· Women: 3 sports bras, 1 non-sport (i could use to get one more good sports bra)

· 3 pairs socks (I don't really like cycling socks, i Like Adidas dry vent aloe ones. bought some new ones last week)

· 2 pairs shorts (how about a pair of capris, a pair of shorts ::)

· 1 pair of pants (I need to decided what ones to get. I think I want to get Mountain Hardware capri style outdoorsy kind of pants)

· 1 pair closed-toed shoes (required for worksites)

· Sandals / flip-flops (use for shower shoes)* (hmm. I want croc prepairs)

· Sweater/Sweatshirt (bright yellow painted Michigan to FL by Bike for Housing )

· Pajamas+ (I think I can just wear my shorts or capri and maybe bring a tank top)

· Hat or cap+ (possibly. but def. bringing a bandanna)

· Bathing suit

· Pillow+ ( I bought a inflatable neck pillow for a $1)



Cycling Clothing:


· 3 pairs cycling shorts* (I have a good pair, a shitty pair, a decent pair and just ordered another pair from performance bike, but apparently they cant find my order. err). I should prolly get one more pair.

· Cycling clip-in shoes*

· Fuller Center jersey#

· Cycling gloves+

· Leg warmers or cycling tights (Tall socks work well w/my capris. may save a few dollars)

· Arm warmers (bright yellow ones. they dont match at all. lol)

· 3 pairs cycling socks (I dont like cycling socks)

· Rain jacket* (iffy subject. I have my jacket I used last year)


Personal Items:


· Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, tooth brush, toothpaste, shower wipes, baby wipes, what else?)

· Sunscreen (and after sun aloe gel)

· Quick-dry towel (the most amazing thing EVER)

· Camera (need to remember the charger)

· MP3 player / iPod (not for use while biking)+ (does anyone have a wall charger i can borrow?)

· Book or journal (hmm. what book should i bring)

· Alarm clock+

· Saddle cream / Gold Bond powder

· Cell phone*

· Personal Laptop+ (anyone want to rent me theres)


Personal Equipment:


· Sleeping bag ( I must find this)

· Thermarest air mattress#

· Sunglasses

· Flashlight or headlamp (light on my bike)

· Shower bag (like a personal camping shower bag?)


Cycling Equipment


· Road Bicycle*

· Helmet (100% required)

· Air pump for bike* (are we really all suppossed to bring one)

· Water bottles#

· Cages for bottles*

· Patch kit*

· Bike lock* (I cant find mine.. err)

· Spare inner tubes* (so far i have 3. need to get another tube)

· Chain lube*

· Spare tires (some available for standard road bikes)# ( I have 4 spare tires, i think that is good )

· Hydration pack (i.e. Camelbak)* (Negative. I have 6 water bottle cages though :)

· Clipless pedals*

· Cycling computer*

· Seat bag*

· Ergonomic saddle*

· Rearview mirror* (really)

· Multi-use bike tool*

· 3 tire levers* how about the one that works :)


* Very strongly recommended for those joining us for long distances

# Provided

+ An optional extra

No comments:

Post a Comment