Saturday, July 4, 2009

performance bike lost my order.

I think that title says it all. Performance Bike lost my $300.00 order. Credit card charged, email saying they received it and would start processing it 0600 hrs the next morning.

Then 2 days later I checked the status of my order.

Order number not found.

Order history empty.

I go to my bank account online. $300.00 that was pending prior has now gone through.

I dial up the customer service at performance bike. They tell me to wait patiently my order may arrive in the next couple days. Even though, they could not find my order by credit card number or by name and addy. They re assured me they could 2 day my order on Tuesday for a extra charge of course, and re charge my card so my lost order that is apparently going to appear can be returned. She told me someone got there "lost" order 2 months later in the mail. Now. Do you think i have 2 months or the extra $300.000 NO. I politely told the lady id call back on Monday and give it the two days.

However. I dialed performance bike again. and got a much better customer service lady. She credited my account because she could not find the order. and within 15 minutes the money was back in my bank account. Now of course, she wanted me to place another order with them. But she could not honor the coupon I had that I used the prior day, as it was expired now, and she could not upgrade me to 2 days shipping. That's fine. They just wont get my business again. At least I got my money back. :)

So after work on Friday I took the 40 min drive to Deaborn to go to a place called bike sport that everyone rants and raves about. Now. I was dearly disappointed in the rave of this building. But its economical. They had 1 of every product. Whether it be top dollar or bottom dollar. Maybe they were out of the product, but they will order it for you no problem. the website is much more impressive than the store. Not to mention the store does not have a sign on the address that the street is on. so it was extremely difficult to find. Now, they did not have a pair of shorts in my size, but they did have some VERY nice shorts. They did not have a pair of bibs in my size. They did not have the handlebar tape brand and color I wanted, they did not have the Aero water bottle I had wanted. But they did have the seat bracket double water bottle holder. At least I'll be hydrated on my ride. my bum may be sore. but ill be hydrated.

So I guess ill have to go shopping all over again. hopefully not as many places as I did for shoes, but were one store into the search again.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you find some shorts that you're happy with! That's so important for the long miles in the saddle.

    On the Apple Cider Century...I don't check my facebook very often, because I can't access the site at work. My email would be a much more consistent way to reach me. I'll send you a note to the email listed in your profile. :)

    ReplyDelete